Friday, January 9, 2009

New PR

Today everything just clicked. Don't know why and I don't know how (and to be honest I don't want to ask) but it did. Today I set a new PR for myself with the Jerk and the Snatch. Here is what I did today...

Warm up: Some Z

Jerks w/ 8kg x 10min (8/min so 5 min per arm)
Snatches w/ 8kg x 8 min (12/min so 4 min per arm)

Jerks w/ 12kg 10/10

I am sure you are saying "You are only using the 8kg...EASY!" Well yes and no. Yes it is only 8kg, but I didn't put the bell down for the entire 10min for the Jerks or put it down for the entire 8min for the snatches. And I did all 5 min on 1 arm then switched, same with the snatches.

Now I need to try and go faster on the Jerks and try to get 10min with the snatches.

2 comments:

P. J. said...

Congrats on the PR but don't get too carried away as your body needs that energy to heal.

Kori Bliffert, NASM-CPT said...

PJ, I know I need to watch it. I am just feeling so good and have A LOT more energy than I have in a long time.