Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Good, The Bad and THE GREAT!!!

This week has been a good week and a bad week. Good week because at the beginning I had a great training session on Monday that got me to another PR. The energy was blazing and I was feeling good. But then my lovely work schedule decided to screw everything up! Because I work night shift (7pm-7am) my sleeping patterns get very screwed up, and this week was no exception. I worked Monday, Wed, and Fri. If anyone has ever worked the night shift they will understand that is NOT a great week. So as the week was going by I felt myself needing more and more sleep and my training sessions getting weaker and weaker. So you know what I did? I LISTENED TO MY BODY!!! FINALLY! I did what I could and I stopped training when I knew I had to stop. Wow, what a concept!

But now here is the GREAT part...I have lost 8 pounds in the last 3 weeks! And you know what? I am not starving myself, overloading my training sessions or taking any pills that makes your heart go 100 mph. I am listening to my body! It is a great feeling knowing that I can accomplish my goals and feel like a human.

2 comments:

P. J. said...

I might have to use you as a testimonial. Congrats on the loss.

Kori Bliffert, NASM-CPT said...

No problem. Just let me know!