Monday, March 2, 2009

Good News and a Good Test Day

Well first I had a really good test day for my training. I was able to work with the 16kg for both my Jerks and Snatches. I was really happy with my performance. Here is what I did...

Warm Up:
Deadlifts w/ 135# 3x3
Pull Ups 3x3

Jerks w/ 16kg (6rpm) 4min
Snatches w/ 16kg (12rpm) 4min
**Yes only did 4 min but it was a heavy 4min and believe me...I was breathing hard!

Then when I came home I went for a nice jog with my doggie!

Now for the good news...I got my thyroid blood tests back and they are really good! I feel great, I am not sluggish and falling asleep every chance I get. For those who have ever had to deal with something like Hypothyroid you understand the feeling of not feeling good, and you also know how wonderful it is to feel...I guess you would say normal. YEAH I AM NORMAL!!! Well at least my thyroid is!

2 comments:

P. J. said...

Very exciting news! Yeah!
Glad you are feeling well, I would caution against putting too much stock in the blood test. They aren't very sensitive, there are hundreds of women out there with hypothyroid symptoms who have normal blood tests. But use it in a relative sense, if they were bad before and now they are good, well you can't argue with that. I'm very happy you are making such good progress.

Kori Bliffert, NASM-CPT said...

Totally agree. Many times I have had "normal" blood tests and I felt like crap!