Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Feeling Good

Well today was a little better with my training. But I am still really weak with my deadlifts and that is one lift I am really trying to work on for the TSC. About a year ago my DL was really good and heavy so now that it isn't I am frustrated. But I know it will come.

One thing I did figure out today is that my weight has been at a stand still for the past 2 weeks. Am I frustrated? YES! But am I giving up? NO! BJ, my genius of a husband, pointed out something to me today. My body and health were in such disarray because of my over training, my weak diet, and my thyroid all out of whack that I had to dig myself out of the whole. I did this by starting my supplements that PJ Wilson, DC has started me on, and I really pulled back on my training. While all things were being repaired I was losing weight and now I am hopefully back to somewhat normal and will have to change things up a bit.

I am not going to post my training today because it was the same as always. But just to let you know it went well and I am happy with it!

2 comments:

P. J. said...

One other option is that your body is adding healthy mass because you are feeding it on a cellular level. Similar to the folks who gain weight when they start exercising because they are replacing fat with muscle which is denser. Or perhaps we've slowed down your calorie burning because the body is using that energy to heal instead of burn fat.
Either way, the end result is a healthier body. As I like to say, you get healthy to lose weight, not lose weight to get healthy.

Retest kits are in the mail.

Kori Bliffert, NASM-CPT said...

Like you said, either way I am feeling good and I can tell my body is healing. WOO-HOO!