Wednesday, November 5, 2008

November already!

WOW! I can't believe it is November already! I have been pretty busy this past weekend with work, but I still maintained my training!

For those of you who don't know, I not only work with my husband BJ on our fitness coaching business, but I am also a Respiratory Therapist, who works night shift. 7pm-7am. And no matter what anybody says, working nights NEVER gets easy and your body NEVER gets used to it. But the best part of working nightshift are the people I work with. I LOVE my coworkers!

I have always said that people who work night shift (sometimes call the "graveyard shift") are of a special breed. At night, at least at the hospitals I have worked at, people are much calmer. The nurses, doctors, Resp. Therapists, etc are more laid back. I like that. But anyways, yesterday after my shift ended I met BJ at our facility and he put me through a workout. Here is what I did...

Warm up: Z

Workout:
20 2hand swings w/ 16kg Kettlebell
20 Mountain Climbers
10 Squat thrusts

Start each round at the top of 2:30min and go for 25min

Now it doesn't look like much, and I kind of laughed at it under my breath when BJ showed it to me. Well, all I can say is I didn't have much breath when I was done! That is one aspect I love about BJ's workouts he comes up with...they don't look like much, but they will kill ya!

Then we came home and went for an hour long walk and later it was so nice outside I had to go for a run. Just a short 27min run to get the blood flowing.

Today (Wednesday) will be an OFF day. BJ and I just got back from an hour long walk with our dog Riley and maybe if it stops raining this afternoon we will go for one more.

No comments: