Sunday, November 23, 2008

Love Sundays

Taking today off. But after my long run yesterday and starting a new training regime tomorrow I am going to be stretching A LOT today! My hamstrings are still fried from the long swing workout and running so need to get those back.

I am not going to go into great detail of what my new training is going to be, but I will say that Kettlebells and running are going to be my main source of exercise. I will blog about what I am doing for the next 6 weeks. My goal is to lose some fat and also some of the muscle I put on during the summer. I am working my way on to losing 20 pounds. I would say about 10 will be fat and the other 10 will be muscle. See this past summer I was doing a lot of deadlifting, squating, pressing, and pull ups. Along with all the lifting I was eating a lot more too. Muscle needs fuel. I got where I wanted to be with the deadlifting, the squating, etc. so now it is time to lean out.

Usually fall/winter is a time where people who are into training will let loose and put on some extra pounds so they can lift more or get PRs (personal records), but this year it is different for me. I am going to lean out.

As of this morning I weigh 143lbs and fit into a size 4 jeans. My goal is 120-122lbs and fit into a size 2-4. I am only 5'3" so I will not look guant or discustingly skinny at this weight. I have been there before so I know my body will be ok.

So follow me through the next 6 weeks and see how I do!

3 comments:

Diana said...

There's a nice 1/2 marathon calling your name in Green Bay on May 17th!!! Come on, running in Lambeau field? Are you kidding me?! Should be as much fun as running on the Milwaukee Mile-OK-definitely more than the Mile! By the way....I have 30(ish)lbs to lose, share your kb storys!

Kori Bliffert, NASM-CPT said...

sorry training for a marathon will only make a person more fat. i am doing more interval running.

Diana said...

OK--did you just call me fat???!!!
JK! I will have to prove this theory of yours wrong!