Tuesday, May 1, 2007

I PASSED!!!! I AM NOW A RKC!!!

Yes this past weekend will go down in history as one of the most strenuous, hard working, and most fun I have ever had! I am proud to tell all of you that I am now a Certified Russian Kettlebell instructor! So here is what my weekend looked like:

Thursday I was so nervous, excited, and just plain ready to start the weekend. BJ and I left for St.Paul around 8am and got to the hotel around 12:30. BJ had to go set up some stuff and do his Snatch test for the weekend. He passed with flying colors. Then there was the "Meet & Greet". I got to meet Tracy Reifkind who is not only a phenominal woman but is strong as hell. And I got to meet a lot of cool people. We were all just saying how much we wanted to get our Snatch tests out of the way.

Friday the pain began! We got to the rec center, I got weighed in...129! I couldn't believe it. I was stuck at 132-133 for so long. I think my nerves were eating away my fat! HA! So I was able to drop down the lower weight class for the Snatch test. I only had to do 54. The bell never felt lighter! I passed with flying colors and could have done more. Then for the next 2 days this is what happened...

*learn an exercise and/or lift
*practice the exercise/lift
*troubleshoot the exercise/lift with Pavel
*lecture
*get our butts kicked with a tough workout

Then on Sunday the very last thing we had to do was the "Grad Workout". This is were you really find out if you are a man! Even if you are a woman. We started at the very end of 3 baseball fields. We had to do 30 sec of 2-handed swings followed by 30 sec of See-Saw presses. See-Saw presses is where with every step you press a KB with the same arm you are stepping with. We had to do that across 3 baseball fields! IT WAS GREAT! And what was even better is that Kenneth Jay (as senior RKC) was doing it with us and everyone was cheering everyone else on in the end. I got very emotional when it was all over. I know you are probably asking why...well b/c I worked so hard and long for this weekend that for it to be over with made me want to cry.

I LOVED EVERY PART OF IT!!!!!!!!!

The instructors were so very helpful and really showed us what was wrong and right. Safety first! I had 3 of the best instructors in the RKC. Kenneth Jay (he is from Denmark and looks like a Viking), Jeff O'Connor, and Mark "Doc" Cheng. They were able to show me my weaknesses and now I have new goals to achieve.

There is an RKC level 2. BJ and I plan on being there next year! I will post some pictures as soon as they are downloaded. Until next time...POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

No comments: