Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Today's Workout

So I still am a bit tired from this past weekend, but I couldn't take another day off. So I decided today (with the help of BJ) to test my maximum Deadlift. I LOVE doing deadlifts. Besides working with the KB, they are one of my most favorite exercises! And you can do them with a KB. So here was today's workout...short but painful.

Max Deadlift: 115 x 3 for a warm-up
135 x 1 pretty easy
155 x 1 getting a little hard, but not bad
165 x 1 harder, but I did it
170...didn't make it.
So 165lbs is my maximum deadlift. I am happy with it. I might have been able to go higher if I would have rested longer. I took about 2 min inbetween eat set.

Then I went on to pull ups. I hate these things. I think I hate them so much because I suck at them. So I did 5 sets of 1. I really need to work on these! UGGHH!

Lastly, I did 10 sets of 10 Kettlebell swings with a 24kg (53lb) kettlebell totalling 100 swings. That felt good. You would think I would be sick of that thing...but no!

Tomorrow is a conditioning day. I will do swings, squats, and push-ups for intervals 30 sec each for 20 min. Then I will drag the sled around for 5-10 min. All depends on how much pain I am in. :)

No comments: